1: Coding 1

 Experience 

    This week consisted of creating our portfolio and becoming more knowledgeable about coding terms through online games. The website where the games were played is called Code.org. Within each grade level, there are various game options to choose from. The task was to play a game in accordance with the coding term given. Although the coding term I had was variables, additional coding words were addressed in the lesson. It was enjoyable getting to create my own codes for the first time. Additionally, I learned about variables, algorithms, and loops. Overall, the experience provided me with insight in an engaging and fun way. 

    My other task was to create a portfolio and blog. Although this was a new experience for me, it was simple to do. The hard part was creating the aesthetic of each platform because I wanted everything to look nice. All activities completed this week embody computational thinking because components of CT and CS were utilized.


The LINK to me playing the game

 In the Classroom 

I will take the knowledge acquired and apply it effectively in my future classroom by incorporating technology to aid in students' learning and make connections back to CT and CS concepts.


 ISTE CT Standards 

1a) Set professional learning goals to explore and apply teaching strategies for integrating CT practices into learning activities in ways that enhance student learning of both the academic discipline and CS concepts. 

2a) Nurture a confident, competent, and positive identity around computing for every student.

4d) Create CS and CT learning environments that value and encourage varied viewpoints, student agency, creativity, engagement, joy, and fun.

Comments

  1. Hello,

    That is a great ISTE standard to use. I would recommend potentially using standards 2a and 4d. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2: Lego Lab

4: Introductory DroneBlocks Curriculum